Activities in Europe
One important goal of the Zangdok Palri Institute is to establish a dialogue and exchange platform between the Tibetan culture and the Western world.
As a first initiative, Dzogchen Ranyak Patrul Rinpoche has designed a six year course to explore, study and practise the Buddhist wisdom tradition, more specifically, the very precious tradition of the Longchen Nyingthik.
It is an extremely rare and important opportunity to study and practise the authentic path of self-liberation under the compassionate gaze and wise counsel of authentic teachers.
The inaugural teaching has been organised in Brussels from the 24 to 30 of June 2004 and the first session of the Six-Year Dzogchen Practitioners’ Course took place in Slupca (Poland) in August 2005.
Please visit the Zangdok Palri Institute web site (https://www.patrulrinpoche.net/zangdok-palri-institute/) to learn more about the programme of teachings.
Shedra in Europe – FAQ
- What is the Zangdok Palri Institute?
- I have heard the Zangdok Palri Institute and its courses referred to as ‘the shedra’. What is a shedra?
- Who will teach at the shedra?
- When will the courses begin?
- Who can attend Zangdok Palri Institute courses?
- What could I read to get some idea of the course material for the Dzogchen Practitioners’ Course?
- Can I attend both the General Buddhist Studies Course and the Dzogchen Practitioners’ Course?
- Where will the Annual ZPI Shedra take place?
- Can I do the Dzogchen Practitioners’ Course without attending the Annual ZPI Shedra?
- If I do not pass the annual exam, can I continue on the course?
- What will the Annual ZPI Shedra and the courses cost?
- Where can I stay during the Annual ZPI Shedra?
- How can I be kept informed about courses?
- How can I enrol in a course?
- Can I reserve a place on the Dzogchen Practitioners’ Course provisionally and confirm later?
- I want to attend the Dzogchen Practitioners’ Course, but I am afraid that if I enrol,
- the arrangements you make may not suit me and I may not be able to attend. What should I do?
- I live outside the EU. How can I arrange a visa?
- I would like to help.
Enrolment in the Six-Year Dzogchen Practitioners’ Course depends on students making a commitment to study and practice, and continuation on the course depends on their passing annual exams and completing set practices.